Other Jobs You Might Like
The music business has grown up. Via a flurry of big-money financing and IPOs, music has become a hot commodity for investors who like the dependable returns that streaming has created.
Music Business Worldwide, the world’s leading B2B title for the music industry, is well known for diving behind the numbers to provide unparalleled fiscal analysis, as well as commentary of key trends.
We are read (and relied upon) by the most influential music investors and music rights executives across the globe. Now, we are hiring for a financially literate analysis hot-shot to join our team as markets editor.
This job is a challenging mix of breaking news, publishing expert insight, analysing data, and interviewing the smartest minds in the business of entertainment.
Reporting to the MBW editor, a key part of the role will see you regularly writing news/analysis coverage of earnings calls, investor presentations and business announcements for multiple publicly-traded entertainment companies.
These companies may be based in the US, UK, China, Europe, or elsewhere.
- At least three years’ experience covering and analysing an industry/industries for a high-level B2B audience
- A proven track record of financial literacy in editorial coverage
- Experience of covering public company financials including, particularly, quarterly earnings calls
Do not worry if your knowledge of the music industry is not super-sophisticated: That, we can teach you. It is what you then do with this knowledge that matters.
- A brilliant journalist who is as comfortable delving into earnings reports as they are breaking industry news
- A super-smart analyst of markets
- A natural-born networker who is comfortable chewing the fat with the most influential executives in any given business
- A team player
Perks of the job:
- Sitting at the centre of one of the most dynamic and exciting industries in, y’know, the history of humankind
- Competitive salary
- 32 days’ holiday annually (including Bank Holidays)
- Opportunities to travel
This is a full-time work-from-home / remote role, open to candidates based in the UK, the US, and beyond.
To apply, please email your CV / resumé and a covering note, plus salary expectation, to email@example.com by EOP Wednesday 29 June.
Please use email subject MBW MARKETS EDITOR.
Due to the expected volume of applications, Music Business Worldwide cannot guarantee a reply, but we thank you in advance for your interest.
Please mention Journey Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.