Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Remote Working
- Starting Out
Content Researcher responsibilities will include conducting thorough research on building safety-related topics, identifying copy to be syndicated, generating ideas for new content partners, and editing and proofreading articles before publication. If you’re familiar with researching and producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll help us identify and deliver quality information and resources around building safety and edit/write pieces that appeal to our community, attract contributors and boost the availability of building safety content and resources from across the built environment.
About the Building a Safer Future Charter and Learning and Excellence Hub
The lesson of the Grenfell Tower Disaster must be learnt to ensure that building safety is at the top of the agenda across the entire built environment value chain. From a moral, social and economic perspective it’s imperative that we embed enduring values, attitudes and ethical behaviours to rebuild public trust.
Building a Safer Future focuses on putting people’s safety first in how we plan for, design, build, maintain, and look after the safety of the buildings we live, work or play in and protect those that use them. It supports companies to proactively identify ways to reduce the overall risk profile and demonstrate commitment to building safety, ahead of regulation.
Through robust self-assessment, benchmarking and independent verification, companies are supported to identify potential issues and, in turn, develop continuous improvement plans to advance their overall approach and performance on leadership and culture in relation to building safety.
The Learning and Excellence Hub
The Building a Safer Future Learning and Excellence Hub (LEH) is intended to become the primary resource for building safety best practice. It provides the Building a Safer Future community with opportunities to learn from one another and collaborate.
It includes learning examples either already in place or currently being developed by BSF community members and is for the benefit of the wider industry to promote a culture of sharing and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research building safety, leadership and culture-related topics (combining online sources, government and regulatory developments, interviews, articles, blogs and studies)
- Be aware of, track, record and share details of evolving government policy including progress of Building Safety Bill and establishment of Building Safety Regulator
- Identifying potential content partners and contributors
- Editing, subbing and writing clear content and copy from other sources and self-generated
- Preparing well-structured drafts for sign off
- Uploading content
- Reviewing and improving content structure and keyword/theme search functionality
- Contribute and input into Learning and Excellence Hub site structure and navigation
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Research and identify images, photographs, diagrams etc, to illustrate articles/content
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify users’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website and learning and excellence hub content and navigation as required
- Liaise with third parties and obtain necessary permissions to reproduce or re-purpose content
- Contributing to marketing and promotional materials and activities.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Good grasp of grammar and writing for online audience
- Ability to deal with complex and technical language and terminology
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisation and Problem solving research and analytical abilities
- Knowledge and practical implementation of SEO maximisation
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Qualifications and/or Experience
- Proven work experience as a Content Researcher, Writer, Copywriter or similar role
- Ability to directly engage with external organisations and individuals (e.g. interviews, meetings, emails, phone, requests etc) to gather evidence
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- MSc Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field (these are suggested/preferred subject areas, but not limited to these).
- Interest in built-environment, and/or major hazard safety.
You will need to have your own laptop/computer and reliable broadband connection as no IT equipment will be supplied for this temporary role.
This job description sets out the scope of the role together with the main duties of the post at the date when it was completed. It does not include or define all tasks which the post holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility. The post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by the BSF Strategic Lead.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Gary Townsend Vila on Gary.TownsendVila@buildingasaferfuture.org.uk. Please also note that as part of the interview process we will be asking candidates to share 1 or 2 examples of relevant/aligned work (e.g. examples of content/copy they have produced and the research undertaken to inform that content) that they are most proud of.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application we regret to advise that we will not be taking your application further.