Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
Time Out is looking for an Interim Travel Writer on a 9-month fixed-term contract. The successful candidate will contribute to Time Out’s global travel output with a particularly strong focus on travel news and UK escapes.
Location: London, UK (remote)
Reporting to: International Commissioning Editor
Closing date: Sunday 18th July 2021
- Play a key role in growing Time Out’s US and UK audience by pitching and writing travel features and breaking rising news stories and trends
- Support Time Out’s UK escapes coverage and other travel initiatives by updating content to meet keyword opportunities
- Build content using Time Out’s CMS, making sure news and features are optimized for SEO and Time Out’s editorial best practice
- Contribute to the Travel section of the Time Out London magazine
- Assist the rest of the International team as required with flagship editorial features and projects, especially during upcoming periods of parental leave
- Ensure Time Out’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared and content meets all legal guidelines
- Embrace Time Out’s digital-first, mobile-first philosophy; a strong background in digital production is essential
Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive digital production experience, including creating content using a CMS and for social media platforms
- Detailed understanding of SEO, including experience researching keywords and optimising content
- Strong organisational skills including managing editorial calendars and spreadsheets
- Extensive contacts book of PRs and travel industry figures preferable
- Fluent English
Interested in applying but don’t tick all the boxes on the list? Please apply, we’d still love to hear from you.
What We Look For In A Candidate
Time Out is a company filled with individuals as diverse as the cities we live in and cover. At the same time there are common characteristics and values we all share. To join our team, you’ll want to…
- Be commercially astute
- Either have experience at or want to dive headfirst into a fast-paced digital-first company
- Think globally
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Be a team player
About Our Culture
At Time Out Group we believe in diversity and equal opportunity for all people. We do not discriminate against external or internal candidates on the basis of age; disability; gender, gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; sexual orientation; marriage and civil partnership; pregnancy and maternity. We believe that diversity develops creativity and enables personal and professional growth where we all learn from each other. We believe in an open culture where ideas are shared candidly and where there is no fear of failure, but rather an understanding that we must experiment and have the freedom to succeed. We believe that everyone has the right to express themselves as they are as this enriches us all. We believe in an open world, social justice, and the pursuit of happiness, after all, we are in the happiness business.
As our cities have reopened, we have embraced a hybrid way of working that gives us the opportunity to work remotely, as well as from the office; offering the flexibility that brings many benefits to our lives, as well as still providing a space where we can connect and collaborate as part of our Time Out community.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit the Time Out application portal below. Please mention Journ o Resources when you apply – it really helps us out.