Other Jobs You Might Like
- Starting Out
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic journalist to join our energy editorial team, producing news and feature stories for the Offshore Technology website and supporting across our range of sites and digital magazines in the energy portfolio.
From space mining and nuclear fusion to drone surveys, the world of energy is changing fast. If you’re passionate about the ideas and science driving the energy sector and would like to write for a global audience, this may be the role for you.
This is an ideal opportunity for experienced candidates looking to develop their career in journalism.
The successful candidate will attend events and press briefings regularly and be prepared to cultivate lively and engaging discussions with readers through our social media channels.
- Write news and features in a range of formats
- Keep up with demanding deadlines with superb organisation and a knack for a quick turnaround
- Conduct thorough research, including interviews with key industry figures by phone, video conferencing or face-to-face
- Upload and schedule stories through a content management system
- Contribute feature ideas and attend regular planning sessions
- Attend virtual events and press conferences to pick up stories and build contacts in public relations, industry, government and academia
- Follow the lifespan of an article using social media streams to share stories and engage with readers
What We’re Looking For
- Educated to degree level, media or journalism qualification essential
- At least one years’ experience in journalism, preferably energy-related, with a track record of published work
- Strong writing and research skills
- Experience in digital publishing, social media and SEO
How To Apply
Please apply via LinkedIn using the link below. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
GlobalData is one of the fastest-growing data and analytics companies on the London Stock Exchange. Our growth is a direct result of our investment in people, products and platforms.
Our Business Intelligence division produces over 15,000 reports, briefings, forecasts and data books each year. Our coverage spans 42 sectors, 500,000 companies and 80 countries. Our Intelligence Centres offer constantly updated data, analysis and tools that slot seamlessly into the workflow of our customers to help them de-code the future. GlobalData Media also runs a portfolio of industry-leading websites and magazines, an international events business, and a technology-driven marketing solutions offering.