Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Remote Working
- Senior Jobs
The Features Editor will play a critical role in the next phase of SciDev.Net’s development, shaping our flagship Investigative Features and helping to cement SciDev.Net’s position as the world’s leading news service focused on science in low- and middle-income countries.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure delivery of collaborative investigative features, liaising with regional editions;
- Guide regional editors in investigative techniques, and oversee investigations;
- Work collaboratively with regional editors, developing story ideas in a consultative manner while guiding editors, clearly apportioning tasks and responsibilities;
- Help liaise with potential syndication partners and advise the User Engagement team on how to create impact for articles;
- Take responsibility for additional small projects as they come up, such as paid-for Supported Content and Supported Debates, including liaising with potential funders;
- Liaise with the Digital Producer to ensure timely and engaging presentation of content;
- Participate in editorial calls with the regional editions;
- Help with the wider development of SciDev.Net
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a newsroom environment;
- Ability to develop content which has broad, general appeal;
- Demonstrable passion for science and/or international development;
- Creative approach to news production;
- A considered and balanced approach to problem-solving;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of science and/or global development;
- Experience in investigative journalism;
- Graduate degree;
- Journalism and/or science qualification
- Experience with coordination of editorial staff, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- Working proficiency in at least one of these languages: Arabic, Spanish, French
How To Apply
Please visit the application link below and download the full application pack. You will also be able to apply online through this form. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
CABI reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date if a suitable number of applications are received.
You should receive an automatic acknowledgement of your application but if not please also check your junk mail as sometimes emails can end up there. To ensure you receive emails related to your recruitment, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact /or safe sender list.