Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
Who are we?
Toys ‘n’ Playthings is published by Lema Publishing. We have been publishing B2B magazines in various consumer product retail sectors from toys to nursery and gift and home accessories (plus many others) for over 40 years.
Who is your audience?
Toys ‘n’ Playthings is an industry leading B2B publication and website targeted at toy retail buyers and industry professionals across the UK. The UK toy industry is an exciting, fun and vibrant sector that has remained robust throughout the recent pandemic.
Who are we looking for?
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can demonstrate full ownership of the editorial content for the magazine whilst working side by side with the sales team to identify new and relevant business opportunities and a clear path for growth and development of the brand.
What we expect from you?
With a minimum of 5 years’ experience on a B2B or B2C title, you will be highly motivated, passionate and well organised. Good English language skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a strong eye for detail are all key to this role.
What will you be responsible for?
- To be the ‘editorial face’ of Toys ‘n’ Playthings by immersing yourself within the industry.
- To write high quality, relevant content for Toys ‘n’ Playthings magazine, website, e-newsletters and marketing emails
- Have full working knowledge of how to produce a print title as well as being able to research and write feature articles, in-depth industry pieces, opinion pieces and lengthy interviews in addition to the website and e-newsletter content
- Forthcoming with ideas in the continued development of Toys ‘n’ Playthings
- To contact key figures from within the toy community, prospective industry suppliers, key client accounts and PR agencies to build relationships, source content and to be aware of commercial opportunities
- Attend industry trade exhibitions, forums and conferences to meet with key contacts and investigate editorial leads
- Visit clients both with and without the sales team
- Have full knowledge of magazine production and able to work with designers
- To be available to work out of office hours to attend events
What are the skills you’ll need to succeed?
- Understanding of how to market the brand effectively
- Business acumen, commercial awareness and ability to work side by side with the sales team
- To be a team player but also able to work off own initiative
- An abundance of drive and passion
- Meticulous in your attention to detail
- Encourage and maintain the highest standard of professionalism in the office and at events at all times
Visit our website at www.toysnplaythings.media to get a sense of the brand, you will also find digital editions of the magazine
You will need to be within commutable distance of the offices, however there may be work from home options.
Toys ‘n’ Playthings is published by Lema Publishing a leading B2B consumer products publisher. We have been publishing magazines for over 40 years.