- Flexible Working
- Starting Out
SheerLuxe are looking for a talented and enthusiastic editor to research and write their daily current affairs email. With over 200,000 subscribers, The Brief is an indispensable news digest landing in inboxes every weekday at 7:30am.
About The Role
- Researching, planning and writing a daily newsletter summarising the main national and international stories in a non-partisan edit;
- Investigating and summarising in-depth news stories to deliver them in a comprehensive and condensed format;
- Analysing current affairs stories to understand what is relevant and need-to-know for The Brief reader;
- Keeping constantly up-to-date with the latest news developments and breaking headlines;
- Liaising with a sub-editor;
- Creating and launching daily emails using a simple content management system;
- Putting together a script for the weekly Brief podcast (with potential to deliver the podcast in due course).
- This role would suit a recent graduate looking for a career in journalism.
- You must have a genuine passion for current affairs with a degree in the humanities or journalism preferable.
- The successful applicant will have a strong news sense and impeccable grammar, as well as the ability to break down complicated news stories into engaging and entertaining copy.
- Working alongside the SheerLuxe team, this is an exciting opportunity for someone with writing experience, a great eye for detail and a relevant degree to build on The Brief’s success.
- Strong writing ability and a real interest in current affairs are absolutely essential.
Details: This is a full-time position working Monday-Thursday, plus Sunday afternoons. Core hours will be approximately 6:30-7:30am (remote) and 9:30am-4:30pm (hybrid working model, Covid dependent).
Salary: £22,000pa, dependent on experience
Send a CV, along with any other relevant supporting material to Laura Spence at email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.