Other Jobs You Might Like
- Senior Jobs
We’re a content marketing agency based in London, we are in search of an accomplished editor to join the team to manage and edit content for a client in the financial trading sector.
What You’ll Be Doing
As the editor, you’ll be in charge of delivering content for our client’s website, content app, email newsletter, print magazine, and podcast channel.
You’ll be pitching story ideas covering the financial markets, along with editing and writing content, budgeting, arranging interviews for our client’s podcast, coordinating design assets, and managing timescales across all content channels, while also overseeing a small team of in-house and freelance writers and sub-editors.
Who You Are
You are an experienced editor with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, who’s energetic and curious as well as a self-starter.
As a seasoned editor, you will already have proven experience swiftly coming up with new story ideas that reflect the latest movements in the market, commissioning writers, and editing copy under pressure. With a background in digital publishing, you will have a strong understanding of the nuances of publishing via different platforms and how best to tailor content to suit different channels. You will also demonstrate sensitivity toward client engagement.
You will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a news publishing environment and experience covering financial markets.
- Commission, sub, edit, and write content for both online and print channels
- Pitch and advise on content strategy to clients
- Ensure all content is written to brief, with the client’s audience in mind, and to the deadline
- Work with the client to improve the quality of articles
- Work with writers and sub-editors to improve the quality of written work
- Manage, coordinate and schedule production with clients, editorial and design staff as well as external contributors
- Provide editing, management, and editorial consulting support, as well as work for other clients.
- Familiar with all aspects of print and digital editorial publishing – knowledge of social media, video and infographic publishing would be advantageous
- Excellent business news writing skills and a good understanding of financial markets and funds
- Strong editing skills, able to shape raw copy into a punchy news story that fits the client’s requirements
- Strong time management and the ability to work efficiently and to a high standard under pressure
- Pragmatic and positive approach to problem-solving and a good understanding of the client relationship in customer publishing
- Excellent communicator that has a self-starter attitude with strong people management for all levels.
How to Apply
For further consideration, please send your CV and covering letter outlining why you think you would be right for this position and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out. This listing expires on November 4.