Data Centre Review (DCR) has been around since 2009, initially starting out as a supplement alongside Electrical Review, the longest standing journal in the electrical industry, which reaches its 150th birthday next year!
Fast forward to now, and Data Centre Review has been developed into its own entity, and we are looking for a competent editor to take the reins and grow the brand further. We are looking to potentially rebrand DCR to incorporate the networking and telecoms element that is currently booming within the data centre industry.
We need someone to take charge and push the brand to its full potential, with a particular focus on our digital offerings. For the right person, this is a highly creative and autonomous role.
- Keeping the DCR website up to date daily with a mix of fresh news stories, opinion pieces and product news with a focus on bespoke content
- Ensuring DCR social media pages are kept up to date daily (Twitter and LinkedIn).
- Interacting and engaging with other social media accounts to build following and relationships
- Write copy calls and email copy where necessary to gather exclusive content.
- Creating/commissioning exclusive content for DCR magazine
- Creating a new DCR features list in line with rebrand and what audience want (a reader’s survey may be useful for this)
- Weekly newsletters complete with “editor’s intro” and internal links where possible to help drive web traffic
- Track web stats and any other relevant figures via Google Analytics, using this as a tool for improvement
- Writing copy for any industry events, both internal and external
- Liaising with marketing to make sure everything we are publishing is as visible as it can be
- Liaising with marketing to make readers aware of any new activity. Huge onus on visibility
- Proof reading/copy editing and subbing of content
- Use Asana to track workloads and ensure all members of the team are on the same page
- To chair/conduct, interviews, webinars, roundtables, events, where necessary with potential for a DCR podcast
- Maintain editorial integrity across all DCR products
- Liaising with sales to come up with new strategies to help drive revenue
- Work with production on any re-branding/aesthetics
- Attend industry events where necessary
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
- Able to use initiative and communicate effectively, being in a primarily remote working environment, this is crucial
- Ability to take ownership of one’s work
- Ability to work collaboratively
- An ability to sniff out quality editorial
- Ability to build strong industry relationships – and maintain them
- Experience within a B2B environment
- Experience using social media management platforms (i.e Hootsuite/Buffer)
- Experience with WordPress
- An ability to work across multi projects simultaneously
To apply send your CV and covering letter to Wayne Darroch: email@example.com