Other Jobs You Might Like
Jam Press is a dynamic and fast-growing news agency sourcing and distributing content for the world’s biggest publishers including Associated Newspapers, News UK, Reach, ITV, the BBC and more.
We create a steady stream of stories daily, entertaining huge audiences across print, digital and social platforms, sharing our content on newswires and beyond. From powerful interview features to viral content, we tell the stories that matter.
And with every topic on the table, we can guarantee you will never be bored.
We do it all: health, property, real life, fantastic picture sets, funny videos, hacks, family and community, crime, general news etc. You get the gist.
Our team of journalists tell powerful stories and take pleasure in seeing them develop from start to finish. We value diversity and originality and are on the look-out for people who want to make a diﬀerence, as well as help develop the agency by actively driving operations forward and exploring new opportunities for a strong future.
If you are passionate about journalism, storytelling and finding the next big photo, video, or case study to hit the headlines, then Jam Press is the agency for you.
Who we are looking for:
Jam Press is looking for journalists with local/national newsroom or agency experience to join our Discovery Team.
The role involves finding and licensing newsworthy content from a variety of sources and producing ready to publish articles under the guidance of our experienced news editors.
We cover stories from across the globe with a focus on the UK and US and use a variety of methods to find our articles. However, social media plays a big part in what we do, so you need be well-versed in using the big five (TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube).
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, great at multi-tasking and managing their workload, and able to prioritise the content that comes in throughout the day with the guidance of editors. Basic media law knowledge is desired, but an excellent phone manner is a must, as is good communication skills.
You will have excellent skills in finding and landing the stories that the press wants and understand how to appeal to different outlets – including national and digital publications, broadcast, magazines and print.
We are a small but effective team, and we encourage everyone to bring their own ideas to the table.
If you are competitive, have a passion for writing exciting content and want to watch it go viral across the globe, then you’re the person we want.
- Keep up with local and global events as well as keeping a pulse on social media trends
- Pitch, source and chase stories on a daily basis, covering a wide variety of topics
- Verify information, interview case studies and license content
- Be able to plan, edit and write news articles, features and commercial content (Jam Prime)
- Provide a high quality of content by checking your own work before submitting stories to editors
- Maintain close contact and follow up with case studies, and take responsibility for providing high quality duty of care
- Source photos as well as captions for all stories supplied, and requesting more imagery/video footage as and when required
- Work alongside the production team on imagery and footage for stories
- Help in maintaining Jam Press social media/publishing channels by posting content, engaging with audience, and flagging any concerns.
- Create and source content for Jam Press social media channels.
- One year’s experience on a local or national desk or in a news agency
- Keep up with local and global events, and have a keen eye for social media trends
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV, any relevant social media handles and pitch three ideas that you think would work for Jam Press to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note this job is working from home but you may be required to meet in London or Cornwall with the team every six months.