We are expanding the team on SuffolkNews.co.uk – Iliffe Media Group’s most recent digital launch.
This is a fast-paced and varied role, providing news and features for our county-wide site and working closely with colleagues to grow our digital, app and social audiences.
What you will be doing
● Providing fast, accurate breaking news coverage
● Generating and telling off-diary stories aimed at a digital audience, using a variety of multimedia tools including video, audio, graphics and maps
● Using analytics to identify the stories that are engaging our readers
● Working with colleagues across Iliffe to expand our multimedia offering, including video, newsletters and podcasts
● Identifying trending content
● Building communities, both on and offline, to generate and promote stories
● Using SEO skills to ensure stories reach the widest possible audience
● Contributing to daily news conferences
● We are happy to consider applications from either trainee or senior reporters. The successful candidate will demonstrate a clear understanding of what makes successful websites tick and be confident using analytics platforms and social media.
● You will be passionate about the role local media can play in improving the lives of our readers.
● You will be brimming with ideas and enthusiasm and have the confidence to pitch stories during news conferences.
● You will be open-minded, willing to learn and adapt as the job develops. You’ll need a full driving licence, too.
Iliffe Media Group is one of the UK’s largest independent publishers with some of the country’s best-known brands in its portfolio.
Our websites include KentOnline.co.uk – one of the UK’s largest regional news networks – and we publish multi-award winning titles including the Bury Free Press and Cambridge Independent.
We also operate a network of radio stations and one local television station, ensuring we can produce broadcast-quality multimedia content.
This role will be primarily based in our Bury St Edmunds office, with an element of working from home where required.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and are committed to being an inclusive employer.
Salary range: £17k-£24k depending on experience.
Please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.