Other Jobs You Might Like
STV is Scotland’s home of news and entertainment, serving audiences with quality content on air, online and on demand. STV’s broadcast channel, accessible free-to-air on all the main TV platforms in Scotland, reaches 3.5 million viewers each month and is home to some of the biggest and most popular shows on television. Flagship news programme STV News at Six continues to grow its audience share.
STV News has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Media Manager to join our team based in our headquarters in Glasgow. As Digital Media Manager you will edit, curate and publish media assets on a variety of digital platforms.
The role would suit candidates with video editing skills and experience of working in environments that require attention to detail. An interest in news, current affairs and journalism would be beneficial.
This position is based on a back-shift working pattern and involves evening work until 10pm.
- Source video and text assets for publication from in-house content systems
- Edit content as required
- Upload content to various content management systems to defined standards
- Manage metadata for assets
- Perform video and text asset checks and sign-off content against defined specifications
- Troubleshoot and implement escalation processes and procedures in the event of technical failure
- Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required
Key skills and experience required:
- Experience of publishing and verifying content using content management systems
- Well organised with an ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accurate writing skills
- Previous experience of image and video editing using Adobe Creative Cloud tools
- You will be a self-starter who is able to problem solve effectively
- An understanding of news, current affairs and journalism is preferred
This position is based around a 7-day rota and evening work until 10pm will be required. Please note that due to the high number of applications received only short-listed candidates will receive further contact.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and 9 public holidays per annum, with the option to buy more through our Holiday Extras
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday.
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs.
- Company pension contribution.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket travel loan.
- On-site occupational health service.
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
Please send a covering letter and full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org – please confirm in your cover letter where you saw the advert. Closing date, 17 May 2022
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background. As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.