Other Jobs You Might Like
The Royal Television Society is currently searching for a new intern to help the RTS reach new audiences online. Working alongside a talented and experienced digital team, you will create compelling, shareable content about the Society and the wider television industry. Previous interns have gone on to work for ITV, Radio Times, Warner Bros Discovery and Channel 4 News.
As an educational charity, the RTS is the UK and Ireland’s leading forum for television and related media. The RTS has become a hub for TV-related news and features, building on the Society’s long history of awards and events.
About the role
- As part of the RTS digital team, you will create compelling and sharable content about the television industry and its related fields.
- From creating social media posts and interviewing top TV talent to promoting RTS events and membership, you will be part of an exciting, multifaceted industry, while learning valuable journalism and communication skills.
- You will be joining the RTS during our awards period and will have the opportunity to work at the RTS Programme Awards and RTS Television Journalism Awards, as well as key calendar events such as the RTS Futures Careers Fair and the RTS Student Masterclasses, where you will have the opportunity to meet key talent and decision makers from across TV.
- Based at our central London HQ, you’ll also be expected to provide administrative support to our small and friendly team so a ‘can-do’ attitude is essential.
- Come up with brilliant ideas and create social media posts and campaigns, and to help promote our awards, events and website content to drive traffic to the website.
- Write news and features, interviews and reports for the RTS website.
- Regularly update the RTS social media pages.
- Provide digital assistance and report on RTS events and awards.
- Edit and upload RTS events online and create videos.
- Support the team with administrative tasks.
- Assist other departments in the RTS.
- Support the RTS regional centres in adding content to the website and promoting events.
- A demonstrable passion for the world of television, journalism and social media.
- Experience writing news and features for online or using social media in a professional capacity.
- Self-motivation, and a desire to take initiative for your own projects.
- A solid understanding of how digital content works, especially social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
- An education to degree level, or equivalent.
- The desire to move forward in a career in the media.
- A diligent and disciplined work ethic, and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Desired but not essential
- Graphic design skills or experience using Canva.
- Some experience shooting and editing short videos using a DSLR and Final Cut Pro editing software.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a recent CV, short cover letter, at least one example of your writing and either: write a short TV-related news article of no more than 250 words that would work on our website OR create an idea for a social media post/campaign on any of the RTS socials (e.g. TikTok or Instagram).
Monday – Friday 9.30am – 5.30pm with occasional evening work attending RTS events (3 months with the possibility to extend)
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on Monday 23rd January 2023.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.