Other Jobs You Might Like
DEPUTY EDITOR (NORTH WEST)
The Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors – an international professional qualifying body – is looking for a Deputy Editor to join its team in MANCHESTER.
Based at offices in Sale, south Manchester, the Deputy Editor will play a vital role in the production and delivery of the institution’s monthly journal as well as bespoke supplements and membership literature.
This is an exciting and rewarding position for an ambitious individual keen to expand their career in journalism.
- Assisting in the design, layout, production and delivery of the institution’s publications and membership literature
- Writing features and news items
- Commissioning and editing features
- Organising and writing articles post-event, such as round table discussions, networking events, panel debates and interviews
- Working closely with the editor and membership team to raise the profile of the institution and the civil engineering surveying profession
- Proven experience in a relevant role
- 3+ years writing for professional publications
- You will be able to both create and commission content, subedit copy, fit layouts and manage the client approval process
- The ability to create interesting articles based on research and quality interviews.
- Experience of working in publishing across multichannel communications
- Enthusiastic in embracing new ways of working and new approaches to journalism
- A proficient user of Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and publishing workflow systems
- English or journalism degree is desirable
- £30,000 salary
- 24 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Private health insurance
- Hybrid working conditions (office and home)
The online portal for publications can be viewed at https://journals.cices.org