Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
- Remote Working
We are looking for a Copywriter to join our Communications team. This role is for someone with a keen interest, existing knowledge, and some previous experience in fashion and textile sustainability.
You’ll be diving into how materials like cotton, polyester, viscose, wool, and more are produced, focusing on the impacts that extracting fibres from farms, forests, and fossil fuels have on our planet and its ecosystems.
The ideal candidate is a skilled wordsmith who is proactive, curious, and able to demonstrate awareness of key sustainability issues.
You’ll get the chance to deepen your knowledge by regularly reading industry reports and hearing from subject matter experts within our team. Your job will be to take this in-depth information and turn it into clear copy that everyone can understand, without compromising on accuracy or nuance.
Working under the management of the Copywriting Manager, you’ll work to create copy for digital touchpoints including our website, newsletters, social media, and press releases. You’ll also help proofread and copy-edit our leading industry reports, such as the Preferred Fiber & Materials Market Report, Organic Cotton Market Report, Material Change Insights Report, and 2025 Sustainable Cotton Challenge Annual Report.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a mission-driven organization. Like all roles at Textile Exchange, this role will be remote and home-based. We’re a US-based but remote-working organization with a global team. Your key colleagues will be based in the UK, Italy, and the US.
- Turning complex topics and academic reports into catchy digital copy.
- Copywriting for our social media channels, newsletters, website, and press releases.
- Ensuring our company tone of voice is upheld across multiple touchpoints.
- Support with maintaining the ever-growing internal Master Glossary of our terms and quotes from team members.
- Helping to maintain the Textile Exchange website.
- Editing interviews for an expanding editorial platform.
What We’re Looking For
- Fluent English speaker.
- A skilled wordsmith with an exceptional eye for detail.
- Minimum of two years of work experience in writing or journalism.
- Some existing knowledge or awareness of sustainability challenges in the fashion and textile industry, ideally at the raw material level, and passionate and curious to learn more.
- A strong understanding of tone of voice and following brand guidelines.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines efficiently.
- A good understanding of content management systems.
- A strong understanding of branding and following brand guidelines.
- Ability to work remotely or from home.
- Motivation and willingness to learn and be adaptable.
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving a positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fibre and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact. That’s why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibres an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit textileexchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals.
We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world.
We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, a yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
Package & How To Apply
- Reports to: Copywriting Manager
- Full-time position / 40 hours a week
- Location: Remote
- Salary: US$35,000 – $45,000, dependent on experience
- Start date: As soon as available
To apply, please submit the following by October 23 2022:
- Cover Letter
- Link to online writing or a PDF (max. 20MB)
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged. We regret that we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.