- Starting Out
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Officer to help us share our impact, build our base of support and grow our influence.
The role is new and as such we are offering a 6-month contract initially, with strong possibility to extend. The pay is £23,978.50 pro rata (London Living Wage) to 1 day a week or 8 hours.
You’ll be part of our amazing team of community organisers who support Custom House residents to take action on big local issues. This is a part-time role of 8 hours a week, which can be worked flexibly depending on the availability of the team of organisers you’ll be working with.
- Work with colleagues from across the organisation to create, edit and publish engaging blogs, website news and social media content that can help us strengthen our base of support and grow our influence.
- Draft and schedule social media content in conjunction with the PEACH team around key campaigns, programmes and big events or moments that we want to publicise.
- Work with the PEACH team to scope key audiences and develop content and style guidelines which can guide our approach to communications.
- Working with colleagues, develop a set of success indicators to help us understand the impact of our communications on the different audiences we seek to affect.
- Manage and grow our social media presence including for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Proactively monitor and analyse how our communications resonate with different audiences across platforms to assess our effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement, and provide regular reports on activity against KPIs.
- Contribute to communications planning and scheduling, and work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure delivery of content meets deadlines.
- Monitor and file media coverage, compile and share monthly coverage updates with the organisation, and support the maintenance and development of PEACH’s media contacts database.
- All other duties as required by the General Manager, and commensurate with the post.
How To Apply
The deadline is 5pm on Tuesday 30th March. Please send your completed application form Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We expect interviews to be held on either the 1st or 2nd April. If you have any questions about the role or would like an informal discussion, please use the same address to contact us.
Please note that this is an entry level role. We welcome applications from applicants with a diverse range of experience or those who may not have had paid communications experience yet. However, we expect applicants to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of what’s involved, along with excellent written English, by discussing the criteria listed in the person specification on their application form
Please mention Journo Resources when applying for this role, it really helps us out.