Other Jobs You Might Like
Have you got a flare for writing, are savvy on social media and love a pint in your local? We have an exciting opportunity to join the BBPA as our new Communications Officer. You’ll join our friendly team at a pivotal moment as we launch a new brand and website and look to expand our reach and impact even further across the media and our social channels.
Supporting the Head of Communications and wider BBPA team, your role will be varied, fast-paced and interesting; from creating engaging social media content to amplify our messaging through to gathering insight and stories from our members to support our media work.
You’ll be brilliant at writing for different channels and audiences, be proactive in spotting opportunities to further the organisation’s messaging and brand, and have good awareness of current affairs and the news agenda.
- Day to day management of the BBPA’s social media channels, support in strategising and developing existing platforms and introducing new ones where needed to expand the organisation’s digital reach and engagement
- Researching and gathering information on a variety of policy and communications areas; building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to collate up to date photography and case studies to support the BBPA’s achievements and highlight challenges
- Support in the production of high-quality communications materials and ensure all BBPA branded assets are kept up to date and are fit for purpose
- Writing, editing and uploading content to the BBPA website to keep it fresh and relevant
- Writing, editing and distributing regular online newsletters to BBPA members (using MailChimp)
- Supporting the successful running of a busy press office through contact list management, media monitoring and drafting briefs and press releases
Key experience and skills
- 2 years experience of working in a similar role either in house or with an agency
- Demonstrable experience of successfully running organisational social media channels (knowledge of tools such as Hootsuite a bonus)
- Experience of writing engaging copy for different channels, platforms and audiences
- Ability to multitask, manage competing priorities and problem solve where required
- Salary: £30-34k
- 25 days leave + bank holidays
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to dental & medical insurance
This role is hybrid, with three days a week based at our central London offices.
We value diversity and are working to increase this within our organisation and industry, if you are interested in the role but not sure if you meet all the requirements we would encourage you to apply regardless.
Please email your CV and covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com before 5pm on 2nd January 2023.
For an informal chat about the role or if you have any questions before applying you can call Jessie on 020 7627 9199 – no agencies please.