At Czarnikow, our purpose is to create economic and social value by facilitating and promoting the most sustainable, efficient and cost-effective movement of products across our global supply chain. Our services include the physical trading of sugar, ingredients, and packaging, as well as the provision of value added service such as: Logistics and Stock Management; our Sustainable Supply Programme – Vive; Price Risk Management; Market Analysis; Financing; and Corporate Finance.
We are a dynamic and entrepreneurial company, with innovation and technology at the heart of everything we do. And as a company which operates without physical assets, our people are at the heart of everything we do – we hope that you will want to join our team to help us realise our vision of becoming the world’s leading supply chain, pricing and financing services company.
Why work at Czarnikow
Czarnikow offers the chance to join a dynamic and exciting team of professionals, who are building a company with great potential. In addition, we offer:
- A collaborative and collegiate work environment and culture
- Learning and development opportunities
- A hybrid of remote working and a prestigious office location in the heart of London
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus structure
- Life, health and dental insurance
- Charity fundraising and volunteering opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership and bike to work scheme, 7-a-side football team
About the role
Czarnikow’s online platform, Czapp, delivers world-class analysis, data and insight on the world’s food ingredient and packaging markets to our customers. We do this by creating engaging, informative and concise digital content.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- To write stories and other content on Asian agriculture, food ingredients and packaging markets to build Czapp’s audience and profile.
- To generate ideas and lead new content initiatives.
- To use Czarnikow’s data to uncover new trends in Asian food and packaging markets.
- To build relationships with Czarnikow staff and customers to communicate our views and understand new market developments.
- To use audience trend data to adapt and enhance our content.
- To take responsibility for your performance and to work together to achieve our organizational goals.
- To attend training courses which are identified as being necessary for the performance of the role.
- To be fully conversant with the Employee Handbook and supporting policies, including Health & Safety legislation and fire and emergency procedures.
- To comply with any reasonable instruction issued by your Manager.
- Changes in the business may occasionally require alterations in this job description and these will be agreed with the post holder as appropriate.
This role is based in London, but could require regular travel to our Singapore, Bangkok and Guangzhou offices when COVID allows
We are looking for someone with the following skillset and attributes:
- A deep interest and expertise in business news writing and digital media.
- High standard of written English and the ability to write according to Czapp style (engaging, informative, concise).
- Understanding of how to highlight emerging trends that a food or packaging company manager needs to know.
- Ability to use multiple platforms (Czapp, social media, etc) to engage with target audience.
- Attention to detail and ability to work to deadlines.
- Assertive self-starter with a hunger to increase Czapp’s audience and reach.
- Ability to work with a collaborative team.
- Demonstrable experience of content creation or prior professional writing experience.
Ability to use data to uncover insight and emerging trends.
To apply, please send your CV & cover letter to Ellie Hampton firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Journo Resources in your application as it really helps us out.