Other Jobs You Might Like
Do you love reporting on news? Are you a good newsreader? Have you got what it takes to work in a fast-paced radio newsroom?
United Christian Broadcasters is currently looking for the right person to join the UCB News team as a full-time broadcast journalist based in its newsroom at the UCB Broadcast Centre close to Junction 15 of the M6 near Stoke-on-Trent.
As a committed Christian, if you are passionate about reporting on news and can present a news bulletin to a loyal, family-focused radio audience – you could be a perfect fit.
You will be compiling and reading regular bulletins of national and international news – including stories with a Christian dimension – as well as recording news interviews and packages and, when required, preparing and delivering news two-ways with programme presenters.
As part of the UCB News team, you will need to write and speak well and be able to source and provide news bulletins and news interviews for UCB’s national radio stations, UCB1 and UCB2.
So, it is important that you can tick these boxes:
- A committed Christian who is connected to a church
- A genuine passion for news and current affairs
- Some practical journalism experience
- An understanding of broadcasting law
- A good voice for radio
- An appreciation of UCB’s purpose
- Available to join UCB for this full-time staff job based in Stoke-on-Trent
- Able to work different shifts (between early morning and early evening) according to the UCB News team rota
- Able to work Monday to Friday with some weekend working, as required
- Able to provide appropriate references from current/recent employer and church
- Your own personal transport to get to/from work in the UCB newsroom
- Available for interview on the morning of Tuesday 17 January 2023 at the UCB Broadcast Centre
The UCB News team is based at the UCB Broadcast Centre in Hanchurch, Stoke-on-Trent (Postcode ST4 8RY) and this is where you would work.
Please carefully read the job description.
If you want to know more about this vacancy, before completing your application form, email Vicky Gibbens, UCB news and current affairs editor: email@example.com
On your application form, provide as much information about yourself as possible to help the selection panel decide whether you should be shortlisted for an interview.
You MUST also include a short audio recording to demonstrate how you sound as a newsreader. Email your recording to firstname.lastname@example.org
The final closing date for applications will be Friday 6 January 2023 – noon. No late applications will be accepted.
If you are shortlisted you will be invited to an interview at the UCB Broadcast Centre in Stoke-on-Trent on the morning of Tuesday 17 January (lunch will be provided) so please ensure you are available on this date.
It is hoped that the successful candidate will be able to take up this full-time staff job from around 20 February or sooner, if possible.
For an application form and job description, please visit www.ucb.co.uk/jobs
You can visit our privacy page at www.ucb.co.uk/privacy
UCB is a Christian Charity. Schedule 9 Part 1 (3a) and (3b) of the Equality Act 2010 apply to this vacancy.
Please do mention Journo resources when you apply, it really helps us out.