Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
TATLER Editorial is looking for a fast, reliable and meticulous Copy Editor to join their small and dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will have already held a senior sub-editor/copy editor position on another title and be proficient in InDesign and CMS. With a thorough grasp of English grammar and spelling, they should be able to cut and/or rewrite copy sensitively, lucidly and accurately, but also to recognise when to exercise restraint.
They will have the curiosity, resourcefulness and tenacity to verify statements of fact beyond reasonable doubt. They should be able to write witty heads and sells and have a proper understanding of the Tatler world. The successful candidate will be part of a flexible and lean subbing team responsible for juggling numerous tasks across multiple issues, supplements and platforms.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- A proven writer and sub-editor with a meticulous eye for detail, accuracy and witty headlines
- Managing the copy flow and production schedule for Tatler supplements
- Fact-checking all stories to ensure all published content is correct and of the highest standard
- Sub-editing and proof-reading all editorial content for main magazine and supplements, including cutting, fitting and sensitive rewriting of copy
- Writing headlines, sells and captions according to house style
- Working efficiently and independently to meet tight weekly and monthly production deadlines
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills are essential. Previous experience of working at a senior level on a busy copy desk is essential
- Confidence in fact-checking and proof-reading copy as the final step before publication
- Experience with workflow systems and an inside-out knowledge of Adobe desktop products.
- Proficient in CMS
- Ability to write witty heads and stands as well as a thorough understanding of the Tatler world