Journo Resources, in conjunction with Sheffield Hallam University, is delighted to running Journo Resources Live on October 26, a day-long event which will help you get the journalism job you want (and progress once you’re there).
Trust us when we say it’ll be a full day – everyone attending will get to attend in-depth workshops, see industry-leading journalists, and get time to leaf through pitches, CVs and more. And that’s just the start.
Your ticket will include everything on offer (seriously, no hidden fees, they’re rubbish):
- In-Depth Workshops: Two in-depth workshops with the Journo Resources team. Polish your CV and job skills in the morning, and choose between advanced social media search skills and story pitching clinics in the afternoon.
- Industry Discussions: A closing panel from industry insiders, including Emma Smith, Managing Editor of Business Insider, Tet Kofi of JournoLink and Hazel Davis of MuseFlush.
- Insightful Installations: Get clued up on the latest freelance and salary rates with our Money Does Grow On Trees installation or relax in our reading corner, where you can browse successful job applications, CVs, freelance pitches and more.
- Careers Fayre: Chat to industry bodies, hiring companies and more.
- Goodie Bag: What conference is complete without a bag of freebies to take away with you? Grab your swag.
We’ll be allocating tickets on a first-come-first-serve basis, so do book your tickets as soon as you’re able. If you’re no longer able to attend do let us know and we’ll try our best to resell the tickets! Struggling with finances? Please get in touch.