Journo Resources is delighted to announce a new partnership with London Voices, a free competition which aims to recognise the best new talent in the country’s capital.
Open to people of all ages who are not yet professional journalists, Journo Resources will be sponsoring the Best Written Piece, as well as offering two prizes.
The Award & Judging Notes:
The Journo Resources award will look at the best piece of written journalism (either online or in print) by either a student or citizen journalist in London. This could either be a feature, news story, or an investigation. Judges will be looking for the following:
- A clear understanding of the issue being tackled in the piece
- Accessible writing that bears the target audience in mind
- An original idea that focuses on London or the people within it
- Speaking to a range of sources to get to the heart of the issue
- Making the issue relevant and explaining how it affects Londoners
We will be awarding two prizes in this category, one for those with no formal journalism training or experience, and one for those who are studying journalism or have had some experience of training (ie student media or work shadowing).
- No Formal Training: A one-on-one clinic with the founder of Journo Resources Jem Collins. We’ll go through your CV, talk about how to pitch to outlets, take a professional picture of you that you can use on your byline and chat about current routes into the industry. Oh yeah, the coffee is on us too!
- Some Experience or Training: We’ll be offering a pair of tickets to Byline Festival, an independent journalism festival on the bank holiday weekend of 24-27 August.
Closing Date & Other Details:
The competition will close on 21 May 2018 and is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Greater London. You must be over the age of 14 and not in full-time employment as a journalist.
For more details, to see the work of previous winners, and to enter, visit the London Voices website.
Would you like Journo Resources to help support your competition elsewhere across the UK? We can help with prizes, judging and more – drop us a line on email@example.com.