Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
MENG is a fashion label, an art group, and a platform for humanity related ideas. MENG was founded by Meng Zhang, an artist and businesswomen who has previously held leading roles with global companies in many countries; furthermore, Meng founded start-ups and built businesses in both China and the UK.
Meng’s commercial collections, including womenswear, menswear, and home interiors, are selling globally through renowned retails such as Harrods, Selfridges and Net a Porter. For more company information click here and for the bio of Meng Zhang click here.
MENG is a young, entrepreneurial company with endless curiosity and big ambitions. We are seeking a writer to work with the founder of the company to develop a memoir.
It will use personal anecdotes to illustrate deeper historical, psychological, social and philosophical meanings. This is an ideal job for someone with proven written skills who is looking for a role they can make their own.
About the Role
You will be:
- Working with the founder of the company to develop a memoir.
- Carrying out interviews to gather stories, spotting the strongest stories and presenting/summarising them.
- Working with the founder to shape the stories and the structure of the book.
- Carrying out research in subject areas related to the project, including psychology, philosophy and anthropology, and briefing the founder.
- Editing the writing of others to a publishable standard
- Working in collaboration with other writers where necessary.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong editorial judgement and a proven track record of spotting and shaping stories
- The ability to write non-fiction (in English) in a clear and compelling way, weaving fact with storytelling
- Experience of carrying out interviews in a sensitive manner to elicit personal stories
- The curiosity and analytical skills to draw deeper insights from everyday stories and events, particularly those that can be related to psychology, philosophy or anthropology
- The ability to edit the writing of others to a publishable standard
- A proven ability to learn about complex topics quickly and self-sufficiently
- The flexibility to shift focus and pursue new ideas when needed
- The ability to establish rapport with colleagues and interviewees.
- A demonstrable interest in science (particularly psychology), philosophy or anthropology would be helpful.
In addition, the ideal candidate would have some knowledge of China, though this is not essential.
This is an initial 6-month contract with the potential to review. There is room for working flexibly, from 3.5 days a week to 5 days a week, depending on the candidate’s circumstances. Some work can be done remotely, though you must be able to attend frequent meetings in London.
Salary: £30,000+ dependent on experience.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter detailing why you believe you would be a strong fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Journo Resources when applying for jobs – it’s how we fund this website!