At Twig Education we’re passionate about science education. We aim to bring a sprinkle of magic into the classroom. We care about what we do and how we do it. Since launching in 2011, our resources are now used by hundreds of thousands of teachers, in over 60 countries and in 19 different languages.
We are currently seeking experienced full-time Video Editors to join our production team from August for five months, to work with us on short-form science film projects for school children in the USA.
As a result of Covid-19, many students are now unable to attend school and are undertaking distance learning at home. With the absence of the classroom and direct teacher support they require extra help to guide them through science education.
Working within a team of Producers and Editors you will make teacher-led lessons to steer students through their learning journeys, using specially-shot material, archive content and graphics, ensuring films meet the very highest standards both technically and editorially.
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years professional experience editing children’s, factual, and/or online content
- An understanding of how to be direct and efficient in your story-telling. The ability to recognise essential information, identify clear narrative paths and translate complex ideas into engaging films is critical
- Extensive Adobe Premiere and After Effects skills are essential as we only use these programmes
- You must be motivated and enthusiastic, with an eye for detail and consistency
- Ability to work with high volumes of material effectively to deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills – managing multiple films at a time, maintaining and archiving sensible and clearly set out projects
- Edit short films to a high creative and technical standard reflecting the quality, accuracy and engagement aims of Twig Education
- Produce graphics and work within graphics templates, to underline and enhance scientific processes and concepts
- Digest and act on film feedback from Producers and the Executive Producer
- Engage with established workflows and take responsibility for your individual projects
- Understand and adhere to technical and best-practice requirements, when delivering to our Post-Production team
- Source and select footage, and where appropriate adapt Twig’s existing resources
- Work specifically with Producers to deliver the highest standard films, to time and budget
Think You Might Fit This Role?
These are full-time positions, initially on a 5-month contract. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Though these roles would normally be office based, staff are currently home-working until it is safe for us to move back to an in-office environment. We are reviewing our plans in line with Scottish Government policy.
To apply for this role, please complete the Online Application Form, attaching a CV and link to a showreel, along with a covering letter demonstrating the extent to which your skills, abilities and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close at midday Friday the 24th of July however priority may be given to early respondents. Please mention Journo Resources when applying for jobs – it really helps us out.