Other Jobs You Might Like
- Starting Out
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
The Sun’s TV team is looking for a talented and passionate TV reporter to deliver exclusive entertainment news to our loyal audience who rely on us for all the daily gossip. You will be working in a fast-paced and exciting environment at The Sun writing about the biggest TV shows, the world’s most famous faces, interviewing stars and reporting from red carpets, parties and press events.
Day To Day You Will:
- Great TV exclusive stories in The Sun often set the national agenda and we are easily the leading source of news for all TV, digitally and in the paper
- Watching TV live and picking out the best stories to keep our readers clicking
- Monitoring social media trends and driving content around what’s popular with our audience
- Holding interviews and covering events
- Contributing exclusive stories on a daily basis
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous fact-checking
- Consulting with the TV editors in order to resolve issues with stories and keeping line managers informed on changes that arise as stories develop
- Able to suggest new angles and feature ideas to news/features desks
- Must have and maintain a wide knowledge of TV and current affairs and trends through reading various titles as well as utilising other media platforms on a daily basis
- Encourage collaboration and support others, actively engaging with people in other teams
- Willingness to work flexible hours over a seven-day rota pattern
Key Skills and Experience:
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task
- Positive can-do attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The Sun brand, both print and digital
Please apply through the link below – please mention Journo Resources when you apply. It really helps us out.