Other Jobs You Might Like
The Evening Standard is an iconic London brand, recognised as setting the agenda in politics and business, as well as being first with lifestyle content, major news and sports stories.
We are UK’s largest quality daily and online newspaper, with one of the fastest growing audiences in the UK. We provide brands and marketers with an unparalleled gateway to London’s high-value audiences through digital, print, social and events.
ES Magazine, Homes and Property and ecommerce platform ES Best are all market leading in their fields, and add to the compelling Evening Standard portfolio.
We are proud of our history and firmly set on a future that is focused on growing audiences and revenue with a digital first entrepreneurial approach.
At the Evening Standard our ambition is to represent our city with a team and through content that reflects our audience. We want to attract those voices previously underrepresented in media, offering a rewarding career and opportunities for all.
Teamwork is key to our success. We want all our people to feel like they belong and that their voices matter.
The Video Team:
You’ll be joining a high-performing video team at an exciting time of development, with an ambition to create best-in-class video content for multi-platform delivery.
You will be working alongside both the Video and Audience team to create, produce, source, and deliver video content for the Evening Standard’s social media accounts. The job involves spotting and sourcing trending content, creating social-specific video edits, producing daily TikTok news bulletins and filming on location for long-form lifestyle content such as restaurants reviews and area guides.
- Experience in a news environment
- Excellent video production skills – filming and editing
- Strong understanding of how to create video for different social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok
- Strong news sense with a creative approach to storytelling
- Good knowledge of trends and how to spot emerging topics
- Creative, fast and efficient.
Skills and experience
- Working understanding of UK media law as pertains to video content creation and publishing
- Experience working in a fast-paced newsroom with proven ability to deliver to pressing deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent understanding of video for social media and the differing requirements for each platform
- Research skills – identifying newsworthy stories, finding compelling contributors and coming up with regular video story ideas
- Provable use of online research tools and social media search functions
- Strong communication skills, including ability to pitch stories well
- Experience writing video scripts, pitches and treatments, including writing pithy on-screen copy and voiceover
- Self-shooting video using DSLRs, including competent lighting, composition and shooting for the edit
- Fast, efficient editing in Adobe Premier Pro and good understanding of After Effects and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with news wires and clipping services
- Experience with Content Management Systems, including video hosting systems, with an understanding of metadata
- Experience using video and article analytics to inform creative decisions
- Understanding of best practices in content production for multi-platform distribution
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Monitoring social video trends and presenting ideas for our social channels
- Identifying, verifying and sourcing social video clips, including handling copyright permissions for UGC content
- Fast-turnaround editing of news clips, third party footage in response to the daily news agenda
- Producing, shooting, and editing high-quality lifestyle video content for Standard.co.uk and associated social platforms
- Editing a daily Front Page News bulletin for Evening Standard TikTok
- Editing clips in Adobe Premier & CC software
- Publishing clips to CMS and video hosting platforms, with appropriate use of metadata
- Generating & pitching ideas for explainers and original video content, considering desk requirements and video analytics data
- Creation of original graphics in After Effects
- Monitoring and responding to video & website analytics to ensure optimised placement of content
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery – Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com