- Remote Working
- Starting Out
Business Fights Poverty is a global community of people and organisations passionate about building an equitable and resilient future. We believe in the power of business to help improve the lives, livelihoods and learning opportunities for the most vulnerable people and communities.
By curating purposeful collaboration, we help companies and their partners access the insights and relationships they need to unlock new opportunities for business and social impact. Our 45k-strong social media presence across four platforms is an integral part of our engagement with our audiences, and Business Fights Poverty is looking for a Social Media Assistant (internship) to support us to grow our presence beyond our network, and deepen our engagement with our audiences to curate more two-way conversations between people and organisations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Business Fights Poverty’s social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other relevant channels,
- Create dynamic written and graphic content,
- Create content that promotes audience interaction and encourages audience participation,
- Assist with social media management for campaigns, events, and community management,
- Undertake monthly reporting across social media channels and analyse data and summarise learnings,
- Keep abreast of evolving trends across channels and make recommendations for new testing/trialing of innovative content,
- Evaluate peer and competitor social media platforms,
- Undertake regular analysis of Business Fights Poverty’s audiences across its social media channels.
- Excellent time management and strong interpersonal skills,
- Ability to multitask, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines,
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision,
- A global outlook, humility, and a good sense of humour.
Eligibility & Skills
- Written and spoken English fluency Experience of using social media channels,
- Some experience writing creatively (for social media, essays, articles or other content),
- Some experience working in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands from different people,
- Proficiency in LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, MS Office, Google Docs. Design skills a plus.
Terms of Internship
This is a six-month paid internship with flexible timings, to be discussed on application. Ideally we are looking for someone for around 15 to 20 hours spread over 3 to 5 days a week.
The Business Fights Poverty team is a global team based in multiple locations. The intern will join the team virtually so they can perform their work from any location compatible with the UK time zone.
The intern should also be prepared on occasion to assist other team members with website updates and other tasks as needed. We are a flexible and international team, bringing together talented people to deliver an exceptional experience for our clients, with each of us driven by a deep sense of purpose.
Team members have the flexibility and support to combine a passion for our mission with other passions in their lives.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV, letter of interest or statement, and a sample of your writing to Amy Fairbairn at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th May 2021