Other Jobs You Might Like
The Team: TalkTV delivers a bold voice in current affairs, debate and opinion available on linear TV, online and on the TalkTV mobile app. Drawing together world-class talent across News UK, TalkTV broadcasts from state-of-the-art studios at The News Building and is available live or on-demand 24/7.
Being an Apprentice at TalkTV: During your time with us you will earn above living wage, get full training, 4 days a week with TalkTV and 1 day a week studying –including an NCTJ Diploma in journalism – with all your course fees paid. You will also receive mentoring from the industry’s best, as well as any other equity you might need to fulfil your full potential.
The Role: You will spend time with our industry leading social team who will help you learn how to publish content on social media, YouTube and the TalkTV website across this exciting new channel. You will work closely with the video and TV teams to drive engagement and get everyone talking about our shows online.
You will receive mentoring and coaching bespoke to you and delivered by some of the most experienced and journalists in the industry.
At the end of the 2 year program you’ll complete your apprenticeship with great experiences, knowledge and a network in broadcast. There is no better way to start your journalism career than an apprenticeship with us.
Day to day you will:
- Help run the social media channels for TalkTV and its programmes
- Play an integral role in increasing online engagement and followers
- Write engaging articles for the TalkTV website
- Use video editing tools to ensure the smooth delivery of snappy and attention grabbing content
- Ensure that all content being posted is of the highest quality
- Use social media analytics to track TalkTV’s digital presence
- Use artificial intelligence to create efficient and effective ways of working
What we are looking for from you:
- You will be passionate about News and able to use your initiative to produce first-class stories
- A passion for television and social media
- You will be a good communicator who is able to move quickly and accurately under pressure in a fast-paced broadcast environment, whilst keeping calm and taking instructions
- Flexible attitude to working hours across seven days including evenings and weekends in line with breaking news
- You will have a strong desire to work as part of a team
- An understanding of the TalkTV brand
- Positive can-do attitude and good team player
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland. Our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, TalkTV and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning print and pixel, audio and video, events and experiences, our multiplatform brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat – they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.