Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients.
We are looking for a creative and organised Commercial Editor to help us create highly engaging content and products across multiple channels for a wide range of clients in the accounting and finance space, from brainstorm through to delivery.
Working closely with the Sales and Delivery team, you will react to client briefs with a wide selection of smart, relevant ideas that excite the client and the audience alike, designed to drive brand awareness, relevance and partner engagement. These can be traditional digital and print products such as articles, white paper or downloadable guides or taking advantage of our new range of interactive content types including podcasts, webinars and video content.
As Commercial Editor, you will be responsible for pitching, commissioning, creating and editing content concepts, working closely with the editorial and sales teams to help create and produce highly engaging content and products aimed at different audiences that drive brand awareness, relevance and partner engagement.
Working closely with Delivery and Marketing, the role will also be responsible for the coordination of all our commercial products – from resourcing and commissioning content creators to sign off from multiple stakeholders – with all products delivered on time and to budget.
Reporting to the Content Director of Sift, you will be driven by the belief that our commercial products can be as valid, relevant and award-winning as our editorial ones. You will be able to excite and enthuse clients, selling in concepts and ideas that meet their commercial needs while always remaining relevant and engaging for the AccountingWEB audience.
The Role & Your Experience
What we’d like from you:
- Solid experience producing commercial content (written articles, infographics, white papers, features and interviews) working with designers and contributors in an agency-like setting,
- Solid experience producing in audio-visual content (podcasts, interactive video-based content (webinars, live Q&As, panel, roundtables)), from content research to talent management to platform onboarding,
- Dedication to driving the surrounding processes that make commercial content a success, including content calendar, SEO-driven companion articles, social promotion, smart scheduling, proactive marketing and reacting to audience data and analytics,
- Experience in the systems each channel requires: print (Creative Suite), digital (web CMS), social (Buffer) and interactive (BigMarker, ON24),
- Ability to engage a client with quality of idea and strength of conviction, with the desire and commercial acumen to want to win new business,
- Good interpersonal skills for managing internal stakeholders or external clients,
- Excellent communication skills, and work well in a team environment whilst working to tight deadlines,
- Ability to be resourceful, adaptable with a positive attitude,
- The ability to work at pace, hit the ground running and pick up new skills fast,
- Strong multi-tasking / project management skills,
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and put those around you at ease during deadline,
- Experience of monitoring budgets
Please write 500 words on how you would ensure that any content created for a client would be as good as that created solely for audience.
What We Can Offer you
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our core values; Put People First, Inspire Action, Be Curious, Be Honest, Stay Focused, and Have Fun.
In return, we can offer you a great place to work with loads of opportunities to learn. We offer a whole host of benefits and to name a few; 25 days leave, a day off for your birthday, flexible working, a health cash plan, life insurance, pension, high street shopping discounts and various flexible benefits.
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply with a CV, covering letter and task to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all required submissions will not be considered. Please mention Journo Resources when applying – it really helps us out. Strictly no agencies.