Mail+ is a new premium brand with huge digital growth potential, backed by the leading media company in the UK, DMG Media. DMG includes many well known and most loved brands including Daily Mail, Mail Online, The Mail on Sunday, Metro and The i. Through our national newspapers, websites and mobile services, we connect with over 45% of the UK’s adult population with over 130 million consumer touch points per month.
Mail+ is an ambitious project with a talented and dedicated editorial team and a start-up mind-set. Your focus will be on growing the audience on our website and app platforms, helping to increase search referral traffic working closely with the SEO Editor and Head of Digital.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Working under the guidance of the SEO Editor, optimise articles for search engines with a focus on evergreen content.
- Write SEO friendly headlines, page titles and URLs.
- Add hyperlinks into copy to help build authority around key content pillars.
- Tag stories correctly and in a meaningful way.
- Work closely with other editorial section heads.
- Experience in SEO
- Experience in an editorial or copywriting experience.
- Knowledge of optimising headlines and content for search engines.
- Experience of using content management systems.
- Experience with web analytics tools.
- High standards of written English.
- High standards of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and prioritise workload.
- Strong communicator