Insurance Age, the premier title for the insurance broker community in the UK, is expanding its award-winning news team and is seeking a higher level senior reporter with an eye for a good story who thrives under the pressure of a busy, but fun, newsroom.
We’re looking for a tenacious, energetic second or third-jobber. Someone experienced in reporting either at a local news outlet or for a similar business-to business title. You will be responsible for bringing in scoops, writing exclusives and making a name for yourself in the vibrant and sociable world of insurance.
As senior journalist you’ll get to write about varying topics including, private equity, finance, regulation, technology, and politics and have access to the senior decision-makers in the world of insurance.
- NCTJ qualifications are ideal
- Experience in managing tight deadlines
- Strong news and feature writing skills
- Willingness to network with the insurance market in days and evenings
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing news for the website and monthly magazine. This will be comprised of exclusives, some relevant press releases, company news including accounts reporting and any other relevant market news
- Contributing to news analysis and features
- Interviewing on the phone, video-conference platforms and in person for both news and features
- Representing Insurance Age at external and internal events
- Working with the Editor and News Editor to develop and follow-up key stories
- Contributing to videos and podcasts where required
Who is Infopro Digital?
Insurance Age is owned by Infopro Digital a leading B2B information and marketing services provider with presence in 15 countries. Infopro Digital was founded in 2001 by Christophe Czajka, an ex-Bertelsmann executive.
We have quickly grown to become a leading player in the business-to-business information and services industry, offering clients a range of multi-media products and solutions.
In addition to a Competitive Salary we offer the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave (rising up to 30 days)
- Group personal pension plan
- Life assurance
- Health cash plan
- Employee assistance programme
- Bonusly employee recognition
- Employee discount scheme
- Onsite monthly chair massage
- Eye-care Vouchers
- Vodafone employee advantage scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan (STL)
- Discounted gym membership
Annual Flex Benefits
- Income protection
- Additional life assurance
- Bike to work
- Buying holiday
- Dental insurance
- Add partner to gym membership
- Health screening
- Private medical insurance
- And many more!
Infopro Digital also runs The Foundation which supports a number of charities. Staff can volunteer to contribute their skills and expertise to make a meaningful difference to the lives of others.
Please mention Journo Resources when applying, it really helps us out.