- Freelance Gig
- Remote Working
JUST: Access is a social enterprise start-up harnessing technology to improve access to justice.
Our cutting-edge transcription tool makes it quicker and easier for lawyers to create meeting notes, witness statements and file notes. Our transcription services are also used by researchers to transcribe interviews and data protection officers.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for Senior Editors to join our team of remote-working freelancers to review and edit transcripts for accuracy. Senior Editors also assist with managing transcript orders and some ad-hoc admin. They may also provide Editors with support and feedback on their work.
What we require:
- Strong attention to detail and excellent editing judgement
- Good communicator
- Your own computer and access to reliable internet
- Availability to work in a freelance capacity for at least 40 hours a month, ideally for 6 months or more. Most, though not necessarily all of the availability, should fall within weekdays, working hours.
Nice to have:
- Language skills other than English
- Experience with transcription software / audio-text technology
We are also interested in recruiting for Editors who have availability to work at least 20 hours a month over the next few months.
We pay an hourly rate of £11 an hour for Editors and £13.50 an hour for Senior Editor work, to be invoiced at the end of each month.
How To Apply
To apply please send an email to email@example.com with your cv and a short description of why you would be suited to this role (no more than 250 word) with the subject “Editor Application”. Applications will be reviewed and applicants invited for interview on a rolling basis.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.