- Next Step Jobs
Repeater Books is seeking an experienced Publicist to join our team and generate interest in our books across the UK and US media.
This position gives you the opportunity to work on campaigns for passionate non-fiction titles and beautifully written literary fiction titles, all with a focus on radical thought and popular culture.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who has a passion for politics, philosophy, social change and justice, a love of books in general and someone who has demonstrated an ability to attract media coverage for titles over at least the last 3 years.
Reporting to the Publisher, you will be based in our Central London office, though we’re currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
- Strategising and executing publicity campaigns that will maximise exposure for authors and their books in the UK and US.
- Working with the marketing executive on campaigns, social media and website sales.
- Securing print, broadcast and online feature and review coverage.
- Build and maintain relationships, connections and partnerships with stakeholders and wider media.
- Booking and attending author events, taking media and bookseller meetings, and attending sales conferences.
- Spreading the word about publicity to our team, sales reps and authors.
- Be a driving force in the ongoing growth plans for Repeater
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience running publicity campaigns
- Passion and interest for the kind of books we publish
- Ability to work independently and travel when needed
- Ability to work as part of the team
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Google Cloud Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office would be an advantage
If you feel you have the right qualities for this position, then please send your CV with a covering letter to our Publisher, Tariq Goddard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, 10th January 2022. Earlier applications will be given priority