Other Jobs You Might Like
Start Date: January 2019
Salary: £52.75 per half day of 5 hours (London Living Wage)
Hours: Initially 5 hours per week
Journo Resources is looking for an enthusiastic and diligent freelancer to help us keep our content up to date, grow the site, and secure further funding to help us become self-sufficient.
You’ll most likely be a freelancer or student looking for some regular work to add to your portfolio and will primarily curate our popular lists on graduate schemes, awards, and funding, amongst others.
We’re not fussed about where you’re based in the UK – after all too much of this industry is based in London – so you’ll have to be good at organising yourself and your own time, as well as keeping in touch.
Please note, this is not primarily a writing job, but you will get to play a key role in helping the site develop and grow, and should we be able to get extra funding, there may be scope for further work.
- You’ll know your way around all things digital, especially WordPress and Google Drive
- Attention to detail is your thing, especially when it comes to fact-checking, formatting, and spelling and grammar
- You’re comfortable with self-management and organisation, and will be able to work from home for five hours a week, ideally in one go and between Saturday – Monday
- Social media experience would be great, especially Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- You’ll have a passion and belief in the Journo Resources project and its aims
About The Role:
- Updating our popular lists on site, including graduate schemes, mentoring, awards, funding, freelance pages, and salaries
- Assisting with social media scheduling across Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Researching and updating our jobs page, as well as helping increase the number of paid for ads
- Various other ad-hoc jobs as they arise, including brief reports on analytics, sub-editing, and writing
If you’re interested in this role, please send us a CV and a brief note on why you’d be good for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 24. After that point, we’ll be drinking far too much Buck’s Fizz to look at CVs, but we’ll aim to get back to every person who applies by the end of 2018. As a company which believes in equality within the media, we are particularly keen to hear from a diverse range of candidates.