Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
upday is a media and tech company and the leading news app in Europe with more than 25 million MAUs. Founded in 2016 as a joint project between Axel Springer and Samsung Electronics, upday became profitable after just 3 years in the market.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic and international team full of fantastic talent that has the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company – look no further, we are your match!
You will be responsible for
- Curating news and video content for Facebook’s UK News Surface from a diverse set of publishers and broadcasters
- Using your journalistic skills across a wide range of subject areas, including breaking news, politics, entertainment, and sport
- Planning for large-scale news events
- Collaborating with product teams to improve the user experience
Our ideal candidate
- Is a journalist with impeccable fact-checking and verification skills
- Has excellent news judgment and strong knowledge of UK media law
- In-depth understanding of UK news and current affairs
- Is a social media native and passionate about journalism
- Can demonstrate stellar news judgment
- Has experience working under pressure and making sharp editorial decisions in a fast-paced breaking news environment
This role requires a combination of daytime and weekend shifts and is home-based with occasional office days in London
The position starts immediately and is a fixed term staff contract until the end of April 2023 with the possibility of further extension
Why joining us?
- New Work atmosphere with flat hierarchies, fast decision-making processes and an inspiring high-pace environment
- A great opportunity to expand your knowledge and gain practical experience in the media and advertising field
- A lot of team building events and afterworks
- Every year we do an employee nps survey to measure satisfaction
- Feel free to check our alumnis reviews on Glassdoor & Kununu
- Potential travel to headquarters in Berlin
What we offer?
- We provide an onboarding in terms of office equipment in all of the regions and countries through an external service provider (Mac or Microsoft notebook, and Samsung phone)
- A competitive salary and a responsible role within a dynamic European news startup
- We participate and or host a lot of amazing events such as Tech Con | Women in Tech | Women mentoring programm | Hackathons | congresses | job fairs
- We provide visa advisory support through a external service provider
- And of course the best: our Updudettes and Updudes!
Are you interested? Perfect!
Then your contact partner for this position is Michelle Meitner. Please apply through the link below – do mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
In order to simplify the flow of reading, we restrict ourselves to masculine terms in the course of the text. Nevertheless, diversity is an essential part of our corporate culture! We are looking forward to receiving all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
A small insight into how we live and implement diversity and inclusion at upday can be found here.