Sat within Contentive’s thriving Finance Professionals community, Accountancy Age – the accountancy sector’s oldest and most established publication – is seeking a Journalist to join its fast-paced and growing editorial team.
You will be working closely with and reporting to the Editor in helping maintain AA’s place as the primary source for news and in-depth analysis in the marketplace.
This is a fantastic role for a hungry journalist keen to refine their reporting and writing skills while assisting in driving the content agenda and embracing financial markets.
We will give the successful journalist full financial market training, as well as guidance to refine and develop editorial skills across different medias. Further, the role will expose the successful candidate to the workings of a progressive, editorially and commercially driven department.
- Breaking industry news on a regular basis
- Writing in-depth analytical features
- Attending industry events, interview key market stakeholders
- Content creation and production, ensuring a diverse mix of styles.
- Dissemination of content via a variety of media
- Internal and external communication / relationships
- Show a clear understanding of the ‘beat’ for which you write, to ensure content produced/created effectively meets the needs of the audience and engages them appropriately
- Ensure all content is posted to the site in a timely manner, or scheduled to post as appropriate, and in agreement with the Editor/Deputy Editor
- Ensure all content is shared via key social media portals (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) following best practice guidelines set out in objectives
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in journalism
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Experience of creation, production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Market knowledge is preferred but not required as full training will be provided
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Cobans, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our technology-led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.