- Flexible Working
Spacehouse Ltd is a dynamic media company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire. We publish several market leading websites & magazines while also representing a significant media portfolio of print and web-based products for our partner publishers.
We work across diverse sectors such as Environment, Regeneration, Social Care and Local Government. The company was founded in 2000 and over the years the business has grown organically as our reputation has spread.
We are now seeking to recruit TWO journalists:
- A full-time journalist for www.socialcare.today
- A part time journalist over 2 or 3 days to work within the environment team to write engaging and influential content across www.environmentjournal.online and www.airqualitynews.com.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Research and write daily news and mini feature stories
- Generate exclusive stories
- Produce editorial content for our bespoke print products
- Interview industry figureheads and leading opinion formers
- Manage the production of newsletters
- Update social media platforms
- Ensure the flow of third-party contributions
- Attend industry events in the UK
- Ensure all copy adheres to media laws and good practice guidelines
Qualifications and Experience
- One to two years’ experience preferred although not essential
- Experience or interest in social care reporting would be an advantage
- Ability to deliver clear and engaging copy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines while maintaining the quality of output
- Knowledge of social media
We are looking for a self-starter with a high personal drive who wants to become a ‘must read’ journalist in our markets. Other attributes include:
- Enthusiasm and positivity
- Confidence and ability to work with people at all levels
- Professional outlook
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail.
- A supportive team environment
- Competitive Salary
- 20 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays (Pro Rata for Part Time)
- Plus Extra holidays given during the Xmas Period.
- Pension Scheme
Location: The role is based at our offices in Macclesfield, Cheshire however we may be able to offer the right candidate a degree of flexibility for home working. You may be expected to undertake some travel as part of your work.
Reporting To: The Interim Group Editor
Hours/Duration: Full Time Role Monday – Friday and also a Part- Time Role over 2 or 3 days a week.
Salary: £20,000 – £25,000 depending on experience (Pro Rata applies for PT Role)
How To Apply
Please email: Pippa Neill – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV.
- Current salary
- A covering letter explaining why you would be a good fit for the role and the organisation, and your ideas for further developing our multimedia content.
- A portfolio which includes at least three samples of your work.
For an informal conversation about the role or to request further information please call Pippa Neill – Interim Group Editor – on 07922420984. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out. Closing date: 7th December 2021