Other Jobs You Might Like
- Starting Out
About the role:
We are on the hunt for an energetic and talented editorial assistant for a growing business education news website: BusinessBecause.com.
Candidates will be educated to degree level with exceptional English language skills and keen to pursue a career in writing, editing, and digital media. Video making and editing skills are a plus! You will have access to our strong network of journalists, entrepreneurs and business leaders for your future career development.
With a growing, start-up orientated team, this is a fantastic opportunity to assume responsibilities from the start, and gain experience that you just will not get in other bigger organisations.
- Work with the BusinessBecause editor to suggest suitable sponsored content story ideas for our business school clients (you will be allocated a list of school clients to personally manage their editorial plans)
- Research and write exciting sponsored and non-sponsored editorial across a wide range of topics, from career success stories to global business trends to funny ‘top tips’– intelligent content for our global audience of young, smart business professionals
- Proactively manage several social media channels, finding the best ways to post our own content as well as engaging ‘influencers’ to participate in our editorial and promote BusinessBecause
- Use search engine optimisation tools to identify keywords to build SEO-targeted stories and categories and help to generate referral backlinks for these keywords from other sites
- Check weekly traffic and registration stats for BusinessBecause, understanding which news content and landing pages are attracting the highest number of readers and ‘converting’ people to register – and replicate the best techniques
- Get involved with the creation of multimedia content, including videos and webinars
- Help compile useful guides and resources for our readers and clients, such as The BusinessBecause Cost of MBA Report
Our ideal candidate is:
- A native English speaker with excellent writing skills – concise, punchy prose and have impeccable grammar
- Academically strong with a degree from a top university
- Organised and effective in managing deadlines and workload, with a polite and clear communication style
- Experienced in social media – you will ensure that content and stories spread across our target audience
- Full of initiative and able to come up with solutions (eg when clients want fresh ideas for editorial or when we are struggling to attract MBA applicants from certain geographies to read our content)
- Ambitious and driven to contribute to a tight team with big goals
BusinessBecause.com is an online publisher dedicated to graduate management education with a 250,000+ monthly readership. BusinessBecause.com works with some of the world’s leading business schools including Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge Judge and HEC Paris.
You will report to the BusinessBecause editor and will have regular contact with the managing director of the business, and our contributors around the world. We are a fun, no-nonsense organisation with flexible working style 0 but with a lot of challenge and responsibility.
This is an exciting time to join BusinessBecause as we are growing rapidly, having been acquired by the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), a major organisation in the higher education space. We look forward to your applications!
Salary: £1,530 per month
We only accept applications sent by email (see below)
Note: This role is a six-month full-time contract for UK applicants able to start working from April 2022. We are currently working both remotely and in our office in central London.
To apply: Please send your CV and two journalistic writing examples to: email@example.com. Please DO NOT send university dissertations!
If you are shortlisted for this position, you will be asked to complete a short writing task before being invited for an interview.