- Freelance Gig
We’re building a different type of newsroom, for a slower, wiser news. Now more than ever it’s important to have calm, clear journalism you can trust.
We’re not chasing breaking news, but revealing what’s driving it. Built to cover stories not as they happen, but when they’re ready. Where everyone has a seat at the table.
Tortoise sets out to bring people together to try and make sense of the world. We’re here to build journalism that lasts.
What’s The Title?
Researcher, Tortoise. Based in London, with the opportunity to work remotely for 16 weeks (from the end of September to the end of January). The start date is ASAP.
What’s The Role?
We are looking for a researcher who is passionate about the development and use of technology in society, with an interest and understanding of digitisation and issues surrounding artificial intelligence.
You will be working on an upcoming project related to the adoption of AI in different businesses and sectors. This is a large-scale ongoing research project and your role will involve qualitative information gathering as well as liaising with various stakeholders in the world of artificial intelligence.
What Do I Need To Do?
- Identify and collect detailed qualitative information from research papers and other source material
- Read and record literature and references on artificial intelligence, technology, policy and other related topics.
- Lead interviews with senior artificial intelligence experts, business leaders, entrepreneurs and policy-makers
- Summarise transcripts and interview notes from conversations with relevant experts
- Write the final report and present key findings to teams
What Skills Are Desirable?
- Attention to detail is essential
- Good copywriting skills
- Clear, diligent referencing
- Clear communication – experience interviewing senior stakeholders and presenting ideas to clients (preferred)
- Ability to work autonomously
- An interest in artificial intelligence and technology
How To Apply
Send a CV and short cover letter to Patricia Clarke: firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.