- Freelance Gig
- Remote Working
Mission Based Media is looking for a freelance Podcast Production Assistant to work closely with the Producer and Associate Editor to develop our newly launched audio library of health education podcasts, Health Unmuted.
Health Unmuted is a comprehensive library of short-format, narrated podcasts covering a wide range of health conditions and treatment areas spanning cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, neurological, oncological, psychological, and more. Each series shares insights from health experts and people with firsthand experience as a patient or carer.
We launched our pilot show, the COPD Podcast, in November 2021 and are growing rapidly. This is an exciting opportunity to join a creative, innovative team and help make high-quality content that has a real impact on care and well-being.
Are you a highly organized, detail-oriented professional who enjoys working with and contacting new people? Do you have experience in science or health journalism?
What You Will Do:
- Research and contact potential interviewees– including health experts and people with firsthand experience as a patient or carer– ensuring that each Health Unmuted series features diverse and representative voices
- Screen potential interviewees to ensure their credibility and suitability
- Act as the go-between for the producer and interviewee, answering interviewee questions about Health Unmuted, the interview process, and other topics as they arise
- Assist interviewees with pre-interview sound checks and order recording equipment to interviewees as needed, as well as releases and any other necessary paperwork
- Schedule interviews and brief the producer on interviewees
What We Are Looking For:
- Prior production assistant experience in broadcast, online or audio-first journalism
- Experience working or communicating with press offices
- Candidates who are aware of bias and inequality in healthcare and share our commitment to featuring diverse voices and perspectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Self-starter with strong organizational and project management skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage priorities and multiple tasks
- Training is available, and we are looking for people to grow as our organization grows
This position also has high potential to grow in scope and responsibility as the Health Unmuted library expands.
Rate: £120-£150/day, depending on experience.
Location: Work Remotely, United States or United Kingdom
If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you! Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.