- Freelance Gig
We are searching for an experienced freelance journalist who will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for our start-up.
You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with media outlets, writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with other journalists and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications and distributing them (you will have an advantage if you have a direct journalist media contact and have been writing for sources).
- Maintaining originality in your work.
Freelance Journalist Requirements:
- Prior experience, preferably as a Freelancer.
- Portfolio of completed works.
- Own personal or laptop computer.
- Familiarity with mainstream word processing software.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
- Own connections in the freelance and media outlets world.
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please send your CV, a brief summary of your experience (including samples of your previous distributed/covered press releases), and why you are applying for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Freelance Journalist – Job Application” as subject line.
Please mention Journo Resources when applying for jobs, it really helps us out.
What Happens Next?
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly on the 1st of June 2020.