Other Jobs You Might Like
- Senior Jobs
The Education Manager (KTP Associate) will work in collaboration with Impress and the University of Huddersfield as part of an exciting Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP), funded by Innovate UK, for a fixed term of 34 months.
The Education Manager will be responsible for working with the University of Huddersfield and Impress, the UK’s approved press regulator, to develop and bring to market an innovative accredited education programme for journalists and content creators who want to produce responsible high-quality journalism. This is an opportunity for someone with ambition, integrity, and energy to deliver effective ethics education services of the highest quality to media industries nationally and globally.
Your core responsibilities will be embedding University expertise in research, teaching and learning, analytical and technical skills in Impress to help design and deliver a training programme using digital technologies. You will develop a cohesive education framework, content delivery plan and content for the programme, and build the programme within an appropriate digital platform for distance learning. You will also contribute to the programme’s marketing through engagement and outreach. This role reports to the Regulatory Services Manager at Impress and is supervised by an Academic Supervisor at the University of Huddersfield. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across the organisation, while having access to the University’s platforms, expertise and resources. You will work with a range of stakeholders including our members, the Impress team and Board along with University of Huddersfield academics and Innovate UK support team.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the journalism sector (particularly news organisations regulated by Impress), and of what constitutes ethical journalism. They will need to demonstrate an ability to construct impactful learning programmes, and also a high level of confidence and competence in the use of technologies and platforms for teaching and learning. Excellent team working skills and the ability to adapt to challenges will be critical. As a KTP Associate, the Education Manager will also be supported through the KTP scheme which includes mentorship and leadership training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop a comprehensive ethical journalism training program for delivery using online teaching and learning platforms and technologies
- Develop and work to detailed strategic, operational and evaluation plans for each stage of the project
- Engage and work with key internal and external stakeholders at strategic points in the development of the programme to ensure stakeholder requirements are embedded
- Plan and deliver stakeholder events, including roadshows and conferences
- Conduct comprehensive market research to support routes to market of the training programme
- Develop and deliver a policy and process within Impress for the development, pilot and launch of products and services
- Develop and deliver a process for the evaluation of the impact of the training programme
- Prepare and produce research reports, project progress reports and other documentation (including assistance with joint publications) as required
- Participate in training, team meetings, committees and conferences, as appropriate
- Deliver guest lectures and participate in seminars for University teaching
- Engage in KTP budget monitoring and forecasting
- Proactively identify personal and professional development needs and opportunities to enable effective project leadership and implementation
- Undertake other duties as required by the academic supervisor and line manager
- To implement and positively promote equal opportunities in service delivery and employment practices.
- To take due responsibility and set an example for the health and safety of yourself and other individuals.
- To undertake training and attend meetings as required and directed by your line Manager.
Can you demonstrate:
- Post-graduate qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline (regulatory experience is not required) e.g. MSc Digital Media, M.A Journalism, LLM Technology Media Telecommunications, Teaching Studies MA, MSc Education (Teaching and Learning)
- Training experience or qualification in teaching and learning, instructional design, or curriculum development
- Knowledge of ethical journalism principles, media literacy, and best practices in teaching and learning
- Knowledge of accreditation and certification processes related to training programs
- Understanding of research methods and techniques
- Experience of designing teaching and learning programmes, curriculum, or instructional materials
- Experience in using technology in a teaching and learning environment
- Project management experience
- Experience in journalism, media, or communication-related fields, with knowledge of current trends, practices, and ethical principles
- Demonstrable commitment to the aims and objectives of Impress
- Demonstrate an ability to work with and build positive relationships with different stakeholders (the role features extensive industry stakeholder engagement, so effective skills in this area are a must)
- A strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, particularly in training and/or education settings
- Demonstrable resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and to adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to plan, organise, and execute tasks effectively and efficiently
- High levels of integrity
What We Can Offer You:
- A friendly flexible working environment with a growing team
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced holiday of 25 days plus bank holidays and additional discretionary leave at the end of December
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible working opportunities
- Team Away Days and social events
- Commitment to actively support and encourage learning and development opportunities
- Free eye tests
How to apply:
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis and early applications are encouraged.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter explaining how you fulfil the key criteria for the role to Alexander Moss at email@example.com.