Other Jobs You Might Like
- Flexible Working
- Remote Working
- Starting Out
Kindred Spirit, one of the UK’s leading wellness consumer magazines, is looking for an Editorial and Social Media Assistant to join our team, we will consider remote applications, but the candidate will need to be available to come to our North London office when needed.
This hands-on position includes social media and website management alongside editorial tasks involving sub-editing skills, proofreading abilities and an ability to handle production processes. It would suit a Journalism or English graduate with some experience of working for print/online publications.
- Monitor and maintain social media accounts and website
- Produce marketing materials, including email marketing
- Assist in overseeing editorial and production aspects
- Source and prepare industry news and features both online and in print
- Help to research and commission written content from industry organisations
- Liaise closely with internal teams and external partners, building strong working relationships
- Represent the brand at press events and conferences
- Help to plan and deliver projects on time and to budget
- Conduct market analysis and monitor competitor activity
Experience & Skills Required
- Previous experience in magazine or digital publishing essential
- Excellent IT skills (including social media and web content management systems)
- Excellent, proven written skills
- Demonstrable ability to identify industry trends, source and prepare stories for online and print
- Ability to keep to tight deadlines
- Strong research, fact-checking and proofreading/editing skills
- Good interview and question writing skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Effective teamwork skills
- A good eye for detail
- Interest in the wellbeing or spirituality industry would be an advantage
How To Apply
This is a full-time, permanent role which has some flexibility for long-term remote working, and the salary range for this role is £22,000 – £24,000 per annum.
If you think you would be a suitable candidate for this role, please send your CV and a detailed cover letter outlining why you would be suitable to our Editor, Leah Russell, at email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.
Applications will close on Monday, August 8th. Early applications will be prioritised.