Other Jobs You Might Like
This paid Internship is designed for emerging creative and media professionals who would like the opportunity to gain real-life experience in online magazine publishing and to use their skills for social action at the same time. Most applicants will have completed journalism training to BA or MA level or be career changers with transferrable skills.
We are a small team with a varied output covering lifestyle, shopping, heritage, culture, human interest and news. Interns will get the opportunity to pitch ideas, have their own bylines, pound the pavements, and gain experience in research, news coverage, interviewing, features, reviews and social media. As a social enterprise, we prioritise personal and professional development in the workplace, and the intern will benefit from our supportive office culture and one-on-one mentoring with Tabitha Stapely.
You will be assisting the Deputy Editor and learning about:
- Assisting the editorial team with research, interviewing and writing where necessary
- Writing stories, progressing from event listing, to news stories to feature articles
- Social media management, alternating from being the lead on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Analysing data on Google Analytics and social platforms to gather insights and report on performance
- Compiling weekly newsletters and sending them out using Mailchimp
- Processing and optimising images for the website on Photoshop
- Optimising content for the website using the Yoast software (metadata and onpage SEO)
- Duration: three-and-half months
Get hands-on experience in all aspects of running a local multimedia publication including your own bylines during our three-and-a-half-month paid internship at our flagship title Roman Road LDN magazine .
Autumn (early-September to late December), Winter: (January to mid-April), Spring (mid-April to end of July). Please note: internships cannot be done remotely and start dates cannot be delayed.
We arrange internships about six weeks beforehand. However, due to our August recess, we’ll be interviewing candidates for the Autumn intern in June.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us about yourself and your interest in what we do at Social Streets.
Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.