Other Jobs You Might Like
- Starting Out
The Aziz internship is intended for people from a Muslim background who have the right to work in the UK.
As an editorial fellow, you will gain first-hand experience in the production of Prospect’s print edition, from the early editorial meetings through commissioning and editing, all the way to the newsstands. You will also contribute to the magazine’s digital output, including online pieces, podcasts and newsletters.
The duties of the successful candidate will include:
- Writing, editing, proofreading and fact-checking
- Pitching and contributing insightful essays, features, profiles and reviews
- Conducting research, including for podcasts
- Assisting with social media strategy and content creation
- A strong interest in current affairs and culture
- Evidence of a demonstrable interest in journalism. This could include previous work
experience, student journalism, a personal blog and/or completion of formal
Please supply a CV, cover letter and three ideas of stories you think Prospect could cover in the magazine or online. Explain each idea in 50 words or less.
1. Create an account at https://azizfoundation.scholarshipsplatform.com/
2. Click on Start Application
3. Choose ‘Internships and Fellowships’ from the Category drop down menu.
4. Choose ‘Prospect’ from the Category dropdown menu. Complete all sections.
5. In the ‘personal statement’ section you should write in your cover letter. You
should include three ideas of stories you think Prospect could cover in the
magazine or online. Explain each idea in 50 words or less.
Application deadline: June 19th at noon.