- Flexible Working
- Starting Out
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic editor to research and write our daily current affairs email. With over 200,000 subscribers, The Brief is an indispensable news digest landing in inboxes every weekday at 7:30am.
About The Role
- Researching, planning and writing a daily newsletter summarising the main national and international stories in a non-partisan edit;
- Investigating and summarising in-depth news stories to deliver them in a comprehensive and condensed format;
- Analysing current affairs stories to understand what is relevant and need-to-know for The Brief reader;
- Keeping constantly up-to-date with the latest news developments and breaking headlines;
- Liaising with a sub-editor;
- Creating and launching daily emails using a simple content management system; and
- Putting together a script for the weekly Brief podcast (with potential to deliver the podcast in due course).
This role would suit a recent graduate looking for a career in journalism.
You must have a genuine passion for current affairs with a degree in the humanities or journalism preferable.
The successful applicant will have a strong news sense and impeccable grammar, as well as the ability to break down complicated news stories into engaging and entertaining copy.
Working alongside the SheerLuxe team, this is an exciting opportunity for someone with writing experience, a great eye for detail and a relevant degree to build on The Brief’s success.
Strong writing ability and a real interest in current affairs are absolutely essential.
This is a full-time position working Monday-Thursday, plus Sunday afternoons.
Core hours will be approximately 6:30-7:30am (remote) and 9:30am-4:30pm (hybrid working model, Covid dependent).
Please send your CV, along with any other relevant supporting material to Laura Spence at email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when applying, it really helps us out.
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those successful in proceeding to the next stage of our recruitment process.