Do you have a passion for brilliant content, be it a written feature in a magazine, an interactive on a website or a fantastically executed Facebook video?
Reporting to the Head of Content, the Assistant Editor – Historic will assist in the production of market leading content in the Historic Aviation sector for platforms including websites, social media channels and magazine(s).
- To assist the Head of Content with the inception, research, creation and planning of market-leading historic aviation content for Key.Aero across a variety of formats
- To assist in overseeing website(s) and social channels on an appropriate basis, in accordance with a schedule agreed with the Head of Content and Editor(s), to help develop these channels into best-in-class content destinations that support the overarching digital strategy
- To have the capability to upload content to Key.Aero and ensure it fits best practice in terms of SEO and tagging
- To play a pivotal role in ensuring that Key Publishing is getting access to the best historic content through a network of contacts, which are kept on a central system that is accessible to management
- To assist the Editor(s) for magazine features as and when necessary
- To maintain, control and monitor copy flow and design flow to ensure despatch on designated deadline when called upon To liaise with advertising and marketing teams, as required
- Plan and instigate, subject to line manager approval, information gathering trips, both in the UK and abroad, taking into account the requirements and opportunities for the wider Key Publishing portfolio
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in digital formats, helping to ensure that Key.Aero contains a variety of compelling and bespoke content to boost engagement
- Attendance and active participation at relevant shows and exhibitions
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Published material and/or ‘Personal’ publishing (through social media or other established channels)
- Good working knowledge of word processing, email and internet
- Excellent knowledge and use of written English and grammar Awareness of reader sensibilities (and client sensibilities) and of accepted good taste
- Ability to prioritise workload and to manage a range of tasks Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the core subject matter an advantage
Please mention Journo Resources when applying for jobs. It really helps us out.