Other Jobs You Might Like
- Next Step Jobs
Huck is looking for a Digital Editor to produce engaging and agenda-setting coverage of youth culture and activism for both a UK and international audience.
The Digital Editor will be responsible for commissioning and editing original stories that further the Huck mission: offering a counter-narrative to the mainstream and celebrating people and movements having a positive impact on the world. They will collaborate with the editorial team, developing coverage priorities, scheduling deadlines and making final edits on all web content. Supported by the editorial team, the Digital Editor will oversee the launch of a new website in Q2 2023 and shape the future development of one of the most groundbreaking platforms for Millennials and Gen Z.
Job Title: Digital Editor, Huck
Reports to: Editor In Chief, Huck
Start date: Immediate
Salary: Competitive – contingent on experience
- Set the weekly agenda for huckmag.com, curating and editing the website and working with the Social Editor to activate multimedia content across Huck’s social channels.
- Produce and commission original features with a focus on culture – photography, music and alternative youth scenes – as well as activism as seen through a countercultural lens.
- Oversee successful launch of new Huck website and help implement new social media strategy.
- Liaise with the Production team on branded content.
Skills & Experience
- Be accurate and fast with the ability to seek out and break original stories.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience as an editor and writer (please include bylines + areas of expertise).
- Know how to craft strong news stories and engaging headlines.
- Be able to assign and edit stories from contributors and have a robust network of contacts and contributors (reporters, journalists, comment writers) – in the UK and worldwide.
- Have a track record of storytelling experimentation and a strong grasp of how to use images, graphics and videos to strengthen a narrative.
- Be passionate and deeply interested in youth culture around the globe. We’re looking for someone who follows big stories and spots opportunities to tell them in new ways through a youth, culture or activism perspective.
- Prepared to be flexible with working hours when necessary to cover events and breaking news.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and prior in-house experience at a media platform is preferred.
- Have prior experience with CMS, SEO, Photoshop, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok.
Huck is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are actively seeking applicants from traditionally underrepresented communities and identities.
How to Apply
Please send COVER LETTER, CV, CLIPPINGS + 60sec VIDEO INTRODUCING YOURSELF to firstname.lastname@example.org subject: HUCK JOB [YOUR NAME] by January 29
TCO is an independent media owner and agency making premium content for millennial audiences. Our own independent magazines, Huck and Little White Lies, embody our mission: to innovate and inspire, and to connect people with their passions.