Other Jobs You Might Like
We are looking for a Digital Content Editor to join the Greater London Authority’s Digital Communications team at City Hall, London. You will play a key role in delivering the Mayor of London and GLA communications priorities to Londoners via social media and digital communications channels. If you’re a skilled copywriter with experience of using social media for communications, campaign, PR, advocacy or marketing initiatives, we’d love to hear from you.
This is an interesting, busy and challenging job. You’ll be at the heart of our efforts to engage Londoners in what we do. You will play a proactive role in the planning of the Mayor of London and the GLA’s day-to-day digital newsroom as well as work with the Marketing Campaigns team to ensure digital channels are integrated appropriately into wider marketing activity.
You will have exceptional copywriting and editing skills and a strong understanding of visual storytelling. You should have an understanding of using data analytics, user experience and accessibility in the context of effective digital communications. You should know how to identify and analyse audiences.
You will have working knowledge of website content management systems, email marketing CRMs and design tools. You will need to understand what it means to work for a socially and politically sensitive organisation, and have experience of working under pressure and in a changeable environment.
- To translate strategic priorities and message into engaging, audience-focussed and timely content for the Mayor of London and GLA digital channels.
- To provide copywriting and editing that supports the work of the Digital Communications and Marketing Campaigns teams in promoting the work of the Mayor of London and the GLA.
- To champion best practice digital content strategy within External Relations and across the organisation.
- Work with the Digital Communications, Marketing Campaigns, and other External Affairs teams to provide content planning and copywriting that supports the production of audience-focussed digital content to meet GLA strategic goals.
- Play a proactive role in the development and delivery of the Mayor of London and the GLA’s digital communications strategies across social media, email, digital advertising, web, video, photography and more including emerging channels.
- Play a proactive role in planning the Mayor of London and the GLA’s day-to-day digital newsroom.
- Work with the Marketing Campaigns team to ensure that digital channels are integrated appropriately into wider marketing activity, advising and supporting on the use of digital for marketing campaigns.
- Proof read, edit and amend content in line with qualitative and quantitative insight and feedback from stakeholders.
- Ensure that copy uses plain English, adhere to the organisation’s editorial and language guidelines and are audience focussed – tailoring messages, scripts and storyboards as appropriate to each channel.
- Ensure that the language used in marketing communications is accessible to all and complies with the GLA’s Accessible Communications Policy.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data, as well as web and social analytics to optimise content marketing and support campaign goals.
- Work with internal clients and project owners to ensure that appropriate planning is undertaken to identify and manage copywriting/editing/proofreading tasks appropriately.
- Develop and manage relationships with a cross-section of GLA staff including the Mayor’s Office, senior staff and policy leads.
- Be proactive in identifying and managing workload to ensure efficient management of resources, escalating any potential resource issues to the Senior Digital Communications Manager and Senior Digital Communications Officer in a timely manner.
- Realise the benefits of London’s diversity by promoting and enabling equality of opportunities and promoting the diverse needs and aspirations of London’s communities.
- Realise the benefits of a flexible approach to work in undertaking the duties and responsibilities of this job and participating in multi-disciplinary cross-department and cross organisational groups and tasks teams.
- This role could include some work outside of usual office hours, including weekends, bank holidays and evenings.
How To Apply
The role is full time, short term (three months from start date) and they’re looking for someone to start ASAP.
The salary is the equivalent to £41,096 per annum. To apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please mention Journo Resources when applying, it really helps us out.