- Flexible Working
- Starting Out
The Business Magazine is the go-to source for reliable, timely, and objective business news in the South East of England.
With a stated aim of Connecting, Informing and Promoting business and a reach of over 30k senior business professionals across the Thames Valley, Solent, Surrey, Kent and Sussex regions that are communicated via the business magazine website, social media and e-newsletters. The Business Magazine also runs an extensive programme of events including business awards, listings programmes, conferences and seminars.
Our Intern Content Writer will be responsible for producing top notch editorial content, via interviews, press releases, and individual research, on a wide range of business topics relevant to our audience.
If you love producing compelling online content, have an eye for detail, an interest in current affairs and business, and perfect command of the English language, we’d like to meet you.
You’ll deliver quality articles that appeal to our audiences and continue to establish The Business Magazine as the definitive voice of business in the region.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Prepare well-structured drafts using our Content Management System
- Proofread and edit articles before publication
- Submit work to editors for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Promote content on social media
- Identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Take part in daily editorial stand-ups with the editors
- Write compelling articles based on inbound press releases
- Upload your work on the magazine’s website and optimise it for search engines
- Use image libraries or work with our marketing team to illustrate your articles
- Research and pitch topics to be covered by the magazine
- Share content on social media
- Pitch in content for our compelling daily newsletters
- Complete miscellaneous tasks assigned to you by the editors
- Help build new content areas and use modern editorial content and marketing approaches to grow our audience
Education & Training:
- Graduate in journalism or similar discipline or relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- A good understand of or interest in business journalism
- Familiarity with online journalism
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience or an interest in Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and adapt
- Team player
- Self-starter – we’ll provide you with training, constant feedback, and everything you need to fly solo as soon as possible
How To Apply
To apply for this vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter. We will be looking at applications as they come in, so please do apply quickly. Please mention Journo Resources when you apply, it really helps us out.